How to study for PSLE in 1 month time? Using ChatGPT for 3 practical ways for Maths and Science

 The goal should be to identify weak topics, practise exam questions, and reduce careless mistakes.

๐Ÿ“ Maths — 3 practical ways

1. Do 1 timed paper every 2–3 days

Don't just do the paper and check the marks.

After marking, put every mistake into 3 categories:

  • ❌ Concept mistake — don't know how to solve
  • ⚠️ Careless mistake — calculation/reading error
  • ⏰ Time mistake — took too long

Then redo the questions you got wrong without looking at the solution.

2. Focus on your weakest 5 topics

For example:

Weak topicPractice
Fractions10 questions
Ratio10 questions
Percentage10 questions
Speed10 questions
Area/Volume10 questions

Don't spend 2 hours doing questions you already know how to solve.

Strong topics → maintain. Weak topics → attack.

3. Practise showing working clearly

PSLE Maths isn't just about getting the final answer.

Train yourself to:

Understand → Plan → Calculate → Check

For every challenging problem, ask:

"What information do I have, and what am I trying to find?"

Then estimate the answer before calculating. This helps catch many careless mistakes.


๐Ÿ”ฌ Science — 3 practical ways

1. Master concepts instead of memorising answers

For every topic, practise explaining:

What → Why → How

Example:

Question: Why does a plant need sunlight?

Weak answer:

Plants need sunlight.

Better:

Plants need sunlight to make food through photosynthesis.

Even better:

Plants need sunlight to make food through photosynthesis. The food provides energy for the plant to grow and carry out life processes.

2. Practise open-ended questions every day

Do 5–10 Science open-ended questions daily.

Pay special attention to:

  • ⚙️ Experimental skills
  • ๐Ÿ” Variables
  • ๐Ÿ“Š Data interpretation
  • ๐Ÿงช Conclusions
  • ๐Ÿ’ก Giving reasons
  • ๐Ÿ“ˆ Graphs and tables

For experiments, always ask:

What am I changing?
What am I measuring?
What must I keep the same?

3. Create a "mistake book"

This is probably the most useful Science revision tool for the final month.

For every mistake, write:

Question: Why did I get it wrong?
Correct concept: ______
Key word I missed: ______
How will I recognise this question next time? ______

Review this book 15–20 minutes every night.


๐Ÿ—“️ Simple 1-month strategy

WeekMathsScience
Week 1Find weak topicsFind weak topics
Week 2Drill weak topicsDrill concepts + open-ended
Week 3Timed papersTimed papers + experiments
Week 43–4 full papers + corrections3–4 full papers + corrections

⭐ Most important rule

Don't measure revision by "How many hours did I study?"

Measure it by:

"How many mistakes did I fix today?"

If you spend 2 focused hours a day fixing weaknesses rather than passively rereading notes, one month can make a significant difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to study for PSLE in 1 month time? Using ChatGPT for 3 practical ways for Maths and Science

 The goal should be to identify weak topics, practise exam questions, and reduce careless mistakes . ๐Ÿ“ Maths — 3 practical ways 1. Do 1 t...